July 7, 2011

chocolate craving + peanut butter playdough =

Yep. Chocolate Peanut Butter Playdough. I kinda wish I hadn't had this particular brainwave, if you can call staring at the jar of chocolate chips trying to think of something cookie-ish that doesn't require turning the stove on a brainwave.
To off set the addition of chocolate I did go with a slightly healthier version of PB playdough that I've been making of late. Less sugar, more oats. Also no dairy. Not because it's not healthy but because I forgot to add some and it turned out yummier and more workable as a playdough.

So here you go. fair warning. I just ate a slightly bigger than a walnut but smaller (just ) than a tennis ball sized lump of it. Muuuummmm...


Chocolate Peanut Butter Playdough

3/4 cup rolled oats
2 T sugar
1/4 cup cacao
3/4 cup peanut butter (the not natural style of PB works and tastes better. Just sayin)
1-2 T of honey

Throw the oats, sugar and cacao into the food processor and whiz it till the oats are pretty finely ground. Add in the peanut butter and mix until you have a sandy texture, drizzle enough honey through the feed tube to form a dough. Roll.Play.Eat.