December 3, 2010

Love



There are times, of course, when my children drive me batty. I'd be surprised if there is a parent out there who doesn't feel that way now and again. But every day, every day, I am reminded what wonderful, hilarious and sweet kids I have. Sometimes I can hardly believe that I'm so lucky.
Yesterday was just a normal day really, alarm goes off, press snooze, alarm goes off again, drag myself out of bed, wake Briton up (Evie pops out of her bed like a jack in the box as soon as I walk in the room so I don't really "wake" her up) get everyone dressed, beds made... Briton headed downstairs before Evie and I to help his dad make breakfast and pack lunch. And by help I mean that he likes to make suggesstions that he knows I wouldn't approve of but that Will, in a pre-coffee stupor, might just go for. When I took Evie in to brush her teeth there was her little (pink, what else) toothbrush, waiting for her on the side of the sink with the toothpaste already on the bristles. And it's stupid but I almost cried, it was so sweet. Later when I asked him about it he shrugged and said "She has a hard time getting the toothpaste out of the tube."

It's moments like that, silly, strange moments, that make me so happy I'm a mom, that I'm their mom.

Oh, and also when we asked Evie what she did today and her reply began with,

"Well, there were these three little pigs. And little red riding hood. And a big wolf. Oh, and a little rabbit too. And a GIANT! And one pig was a farmer....

Happy Friday everyone. Hug your kiddos.